Friday, October 21, 2005

blame or gain?

I've noticed its a lot easier to blame people or circumstances for our problems than look within ourselves and change our outlook.

Some things happen that are beyond our control. But it is how we respond to those things that will determine the rest of our life.

If our default position in life is to blame people or circumstances we'll never be satisfied. We'll always be looking for the repayment of the things people or life owes us for whatever happened.

We'll never grow because we'll be tied to the past.

Blame is the breeding ground for bitterness. Bitterness is the seed of self destruction.

Owning the issue. Looking at it. Dealing with it. Resolving it, may be the hardest thing you'll ever do. But its worth it.

In U2's song "Yahweh" Bono sings, "Yahweh, Yahweh always pain before a child is born"
To not blame is to face the pain, to own it. Then move on. A new era in your life will be born.

When I was in Sydney doing a leadership training conference our physical trainer drummed into us as we were pushing our personal fitness levels that "pain is weakness leaving our body."
As I ran up hills, did squats , pushups and pushed myself to my utter limits I grew mentally. Had I just submitted to the pain and stopped running I would have never have known what my true physical capacity was.
My point is, if you don't blame, but learn, resolve, face it, deal with it, etc, etc...The pain we feel in that process is the weakness the issue produces making a quick exit from our soul.

lastly ponder on this...
The blame is already taken. You have no need to carry it. Let it go.

Eph 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love.
God holds nothing against us, why would we hold anything against anyone? In the end it will destroy you, not them.

Let it go. You could be so much more.

16 comments:

Leah :) said...

Hey Rhino, This entry is really good.
Its so true, cuz we as human always automatically blame everyone else and dont ever turn the finger your pointing and look at yourself! hehe.. i remeber when i was little i remeber if I did some thing wrong i would Blame it on joel " mummy, but Joel made me" or if Joel was naughty he would say but "mummy Leah made me..

hehe..the blame Factor is so common yet so easy to overcome ..its hard as humans to not point the finger, but with Gods help anything is possible.

God could of blamed us for putting him on the cross but instead he forgave us.

Love ya leah xox

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhino.
Love your blog and your articles great writing..

Roses are red Violets are blue
I love you and your blog too.
LOVE you

MUMMY xo xo xo xo xo xoxxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryzi,
lol hah funny name!
anyways wow this blog really hit me hard..its so true..like when i told u i'd finally gotten ova everything that happen when i was younger, its still gets 2 me,im so not ova it and like it really gets me down and i really think i blame that circumstance 4 things that go wrong now and i shouldnt..and its stupid really but anyways yeh
great blog..luv jess xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,
It's soo true. It's so much easier to point the finger at someone else or the circumstances instead of looking to yourself. It is time to change our perpective when things happen and look at them in a new light. There is so much that we can learn if we take responsibility for the things that happen.

me said...

I Like your blog... you are a good writer ~ keep it up!





Visit Me:
http://callishank.blogspot.com

me said...

Wondering if I could link to your blog ~ under "Place I Go" ? You've got some great words of wisdom, i'd love others to be able to read!
Let me know if you wouldn't mind ~

thanx,
calli



Visit Me:
http://callishank.blogspot.com

Ryan said...

this post challenges me!!!
I blame everything first...it usaully takes alot for me to finally look at myself...

Leah, Sassy, Jess and Calli. Your all legends!

Ryan

Jessica Ahn said...

Hey~ I don't know how you found my blog, but thanks for leaving a comment! I haven't painted in a while, and it was really encouraging for me to see your words of validation. Thanks! Have a good one. Will come around another time to read your stuff. =o) Bye!

Anonymous said...

ive lyk given up on posting comments on here, cuz it neeeevvvaaaaaaa cums uppp, grrr, so lyk yer, if dis cums up, i'd b lucki.

i blame other peeps 1st =D lol but as lyk a joke cuz i noe its me.

NEEEWAAY, im so bored...n tired....n yer

ciao ciao,

xXx CHLOE xXx =D

me said...

More Words!!! More Words!!!

Anonymous said...

Brudda! this entry is excellent. It makes me think of that Michael jackson song, "man in the mirror".

Anonymous said...

haha... i like that song,
it was the theme song for our school thanksgiving service/year 12 graduation, the other day!!
hehe anyways luv ya all xx
PS: CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE...NEW PICS!!!- www.myspace.com/jessmacca

Anonymous said...

good one ryan, i like your thinking
love you bro love joel

Leah :) said...

JOEL!! HIIII

you never left a comment on my blog u little bugger... Did u get me email? xixix

Anonymous said...

Hey its sam..jess' friend from skool...
please visit my myspace..
www.myspace.com/addicted_to_bass_players

Thanxs love sam

Moose said...

Hey Ryan, great post dude. Got your comment on mine. From the land Down Under eh? Cool man. This post was really a hard hitter, the rubber meets the road stuff. Awesome. He Chose Us. Man that is a lifechanging verse. If everyone could get ahold of that, it would change lives. I am a U2 fan as well and I love the end of the Boston Live Project where U2 does Walk on with all the baggage (suitcases) flying away lit up on the crowd. The whole message is let it go. Bang on what you are talking about. The chorus of Hallelujah doesn't hurt either :)

Bless Ya -Moose <><
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Website: http://mooseplace.blogspot.com