Friday, September 30, 2005

Fear

What is it about fear?

I remember back to some of my earliest childhood memories. The first feelings of experiencing the amazing power of fear. My instinct was to run for shelter. Or to call out to my Mum or Dad. I remember sometimes been so scared in my bedroom alone at night that I would not want to move from under the safety of my blankets...It was amazing how the monsters would never get me when I was under my blankets (there you are kids, buy a blanket, powerful monster shields!)

These days, well I've grown up, as you do. And I understand and know now what fear is. I could probably break it down enough to tell you the source of my fears...Things like relational fears, fear of failure, fear of rejection. I know I get these feelings sometimes.

The thing is I have noticed is I still want to go to that safe place, I want to hide, I want to stay in somebody's shadow till the monsters go away....Isn't amazing how fear is one the things that make you feel as powerless and dependent as you were when you were a child.

Because I give in to fear from time to time, I do really stupid things.

but check this out...

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Perfect love, only comes from a perfect source.

Love holds no grudge against you, so what are you scared of?

what do you want, fear or love?

20 comments:

Leah :) said...

Ryan, You always manage to write such powerful things. I love your blog. xox p.s-- Blankets are good for dutch ovens too. hehe

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool blog...
2nite was really cool!! lol
anyways lol now i no who sassy is!!! hehe hope u have a good nite
luv ya xx

Anonymous said...

i choose fearless love!

Anonymous said...

i agree that love does have an element of fear that is inseperable to it.

Ryan said...

Hey!
Thanks Leah for your encouraging comments once again.

Hey Jess, what were you doing up so late young lady!! 1:01am...wow. Maryka preached well hey.

Hi Anonymous
Good choice!

Hey Sums, I dont believe weve met. Hello..thankyou for checking out my blog, I checked yours out. Very interesting.
You know I have not yet seen Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy...I'm going to watch it now :)Your question made me think...the thing about fear is I think it is what makes love so good, and almost not possible. I guess the only element of fear that love could produce would be the fear of loosing it once you experienced it. But I dont know if love itself has an element of fear in it.
I could be wrong though!
What you reckon?

Anonymous said...

Hey Ry,
lol yeh but we didnt go 2 bed till 4 (both days i slept ova!) lol we have all these friends in like canada!! lol so it wasnt an unusual time in the morning 4 them... lol did i tell u joel replyed 2 my comment on myspace..look on my myspace its hilarous!! anywyas have a good week :) luv jess xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan!! Now you know who I am...yay!! Awesome writing about fear. Yeah blankets always feel safe. I think sometimes we are afriad to love or maybe we are afraid to love incase we get hurt.

I have a blog of sorts - I have an msn space... http://spaces.msn.com/members/sassangel/
I hope you can find it there...have fun!

Anonymous said...

hey ryan,
it's laura mack
how r u? r u ok? mum told me all about what happened on Monday. Hope ur ok and i'll c u on friday. yeh wot a bummer n e wayz dat waz random, hey i'm on 5 dis fri...i'm real excited but still real nervous... n e wayz c ya l8er
luv ya xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

hi ryan me again i dont think im very smart bibibibibibi

Ryan said...

hey laura
I'm ok. I had to go the doctors and they connected me to this machine that monitors my heart rate.
For everyones info I got electricuted by accident on Monday...long story! Scary. I'm all good, the doctors said no damage was done which is cool. Shaken up though. Flip!

Hey Anonynous,
who are you?
that is a random message you left. What do you mean your not smart???

have a great day yall hear!!

Ryan :)

Ryan said...

By the way laura

you are going to rock this Friday. I cannot wait!

Ryan

Leah :) said...

Hi Ryan,

Thank-u for your email.
Love you bro!! glad you are safe i would have being DEVASTED if anything happened to you
leah xox

Anonymous said...

WHAT?? ryan thats scary!!
sorry if i leave a lot of comments on here...but im addicted to the whole blogspot thingo!! i leave heaps of comments on leah's aswell!! lol
did u get my email??
luv jess xx

Anonymous said...

i like wat uve done to the place ryan
hey ryan its me kezza (kieran mac)
if any 1 has msn plz hv the courage to add me hitchhiker22@hotmail.com
so if u dont no who i am just add me any way
and if u dont add me ill hunt u down
nah im just kiddin but i will get u soo whatch ur bak
any way gtg bibi
kieran mac

Anonymous said...

hey ryan its me again just to say that these people that rite these horrible things bout u suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thats a fact
well gtg
bibi ur very lonley friend kieran mac

Anonymous said...

hey soz bout all the messages
bibi
kieran mac

Anonymous said...

ill stop ritin messages now kk
bye
kieran mac

Anonymous said...

mmm just 1 more thing who else r we goin to get for connect
i was thinkin caleb watson or eric yeh
well theres a few suggestions
gtg shoppin now
nnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
bye cya 2 moro
kieran mac

Anonymous said...

hi
bye
kieran mac

Irene Arboleda said...

Cool blog, inspiring...really enjoyed reading through, lived and studied in Australia 1998-2001, great country! You should be proud :-)